Our Personalised Narrowboat Range
By opting for one of our Personalised narrowboats you are investing in the same hand-built quality you’d get with a bespoke build but at a fixed cost and with a design and layout that‘s tried and tested. This cuts down on procurement, measuring and design and that allows us to fix the cost. We use time proven and reliable products and our small build team know exactly the results they are after in producing your narrowboat.
Two popular layouts at a fixed price
Our Personalised narrowboats are based on one of two layouts. Either a standard configuration, with the bedroom in the stern, or the popular reverse layout with the bedroom at the bow. These can be specified in cruiser, semi-traditional or traditional styles and are offered at a fixed price.
Personalise your narrowboat
There is plenty of opportunity to personalise your boat by not only choosing the external style (traditional, semi traditional or cruiser) but by picking the colours and finishes to suit your tastes. From shower backings to kitchen doors and from worktop colours & tiles to hand basin shape there is a lot you can do to personalise your canal boat.
Below is what you can expect from the internal and external fit out specification on a Personalised narrowboat from us.
Tyler Wilson’s Mike Christian 57foot traditional stern narrowboat
- Our core steel fabrication meets all EU standards of 10:6:5:4 and comes fitted with a new Beta Marine 38hp engine and PRM mechanical gearbox.
- Traditional style stern with front well deck and front steel doors. The skin tank is fully baffled with a boxed in battery tray and wiring rails to four batteries of which one is an isolated crank battery.
- There is an automatic bilge pump, centre mooring ring, sliding back hatch, full length grab hand rails to roof, self-draining decks and welded in stern tube.
- Appropriate upper mushroom ventilation
- Appropriate KG of magnesium anodes
- Double alternator
- Adequate block ballast
- Spray foam insulated
- 9 single glazed windows with 5 hopper at 24×21” and 4 portholes at 15” to suit your internal design
- 18mm ply under floor and solid or engineered oak top floor
- Horn and navigation light
- Lined in oak, ash or birch ply with hardwood trim
- 12v LED ceiling lights, double wall sockets and wall lights
- Plumbing with stainless steel water tank with fresh water pump
- 2500w pure sine wave inverter
- Eberspacher 4kw hydronic diesel central heating system to four radiators (including one chrome bathroom towel radiator).
- 75 litre twin coil hot water tank with immersion heater
- 900mm Quadrant shower, vanity unit and porcelain sink, electric flush cassette toilet
- Plumbing and electric for washing machine
- Hand built individually designed oak frame kitchen with stainless steel sink and tap, oven, 12v under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment and worktops.
- Bespoke built in bedroom wardrobes, small double fixed bed on gas struts for under storage and a memory foam mattress.
- Full four-year BSC & certificate of conformity
£89,999 inc VAT for both reverse layout or standard layout on a traditional style shell
A selection from our long list of extras
- For our two-colour hand painting service add £8,500.
- For cruiser with single rail or semi-traditional stern, add £1,500
- For additional length, you will need to upgrade the engine to 43hp at a cost of £1,600 and add an additional fabrication and fit out cost of £500/ft
- Additional fabrication items such as coal lockers, external seating can be priced individually
- Pram hoods, Cratch, tonneau covers are all available to purchase
- It is possible to influence some of the design elements including position of reverse layout kitchen, internal colours, worktops, add soft furnishings and secondary heating sources such a stove.